Star Dance Company
2021-2022 Mini Competition Team
STAR DANCE COMPANY (SDC)
open to incoming Kindergarten to 2nd Grade
- Auditions will be June 16, 2021. All dancers need to click the link below and have an audition application on file with Fuzion.
- $50 per dancer
- 5:15-6:00 - Jazz Audition
- 6:00-6:45 - Tap Audition
- 6:45-7:30 - Hip Hop Audition
Summer Class Requirements:
One of the following combinations:
- 4 Open Classes AND 1 Workshop Wednesdays
- 2 Open Classes AND Camp JOY
- 1 Workshop Wednesday AND Camp JOY
- 3 Workshop Wednesdays
- After auditions, an August schedule will be set. August SDC Schedule is used specifically for learning competition choreography.
- SDC dancers are required to take at least one Shooting Stars class in the same style they are competing in.
- If they are selected for a Jazz SDC Dance, they must enroll in a Jazz and a Ballet Shooting Stars Class.
- If they are selected for a Hip Hop SDC Dance, they must enroll in a Hip Hop Shooting Stars Class.
- If they are selected for a Tap SDC Dance, they must enroll in a Tap Shooting Stars Class.
- Families can enroll in Shooting Stars classes as early as May 1.
- 2 Regional Dance Competitions
- The faculty will be looking into competition cities as close as Kansas City, Wichita and Omaha.
- 1 Regional Dance Workshop
- This is a weekend of classes, learning and fun!
- We are looking into Groove in November of 2021. Once we have more information, we will let you know.
- December 2021: Christmas Show
- These dances will be learned and performed with their Shooting Stars classes.
- January or February 2022: Star Dance Company Showcase
- This is like a “dress rehearsal” for competition.
- May or June 2022: Spring Recital(s)
- Star Dance Company will perform in one or both spring recitals at the end of the dance season.
- Shooting Stars Classes: see the Shooting Star class uniform list here
- Star Company Rehearsals
- Top Options:
- Racerback Scoop Neck Tank #MT12464 in Black with SDC on front
- Racerback Scoop Neck Bra #MT12116 in Black with SDC on front
- Pants Options:
- Low Rise Full Length Leggings #MT12466 in Black
- High Waist Full Length Leggings #MT 7447 in Black
- Low Rise Mid Length Short #MT12469 in Black
- Mid Rise Longer Length Shorts #MT12470 in Black
- Tights Optional
- Top Options:
Tuition Fees Table
|Hours of Dance per Week||Monthly Tuition|
SDC & FDCo Rehearsal Fees Table
|Number of Competition Rehearsals||Monthly Tuition|
|2+ rehearsals||$5 per rehearsal|
Extra Fees Table
|Name of Fee||Who Owes this Fee||Amount Range||Due Date|
|Enrollment Fee||All Dancers||$50 per dancer||At the time of enrollment|
|$50 per dancer||June 15-17|
|SDC - $115-145|
FDCo - $275-325
|Costume Deposits||All Dancers||$50 per costume||October 25 (first half) November 29 (second half)|
|$50-75 per dancer per competition||December 27 (first half) January 31 (second half)|
|Costume Balance||All Dancers||Fees will not exceed: Shooting Stars - $35 per costume|
SDC - $80 per costume
FDCrew - $35 per costume
FDCo - $80 per costume
|Studio Admin Fee||All Dancers||$50 per dancer||March 28|